Hello! Hopefully, you are all enjoying a relaxing Sunday afternoon before the start of a new week. I know that Sunday can be a toss up of being productive, or deciding to watch Netflix all day. (Believe me, this has happened to me A LOT, so I know the struggle.) But, I decided after procrastinating all week and being lazy during the first week of classes that I am determined to have a productive Sunday. So, what better way to start a productive day than writing a new blog post.
Today I am going to be showing you my August Favorites. I cannot believe how quick the summer went. After the first week of classes, it is starting to hit me more and more than summer is over. However, I am extremely excited for the fall because it is my favorite time of year for many reasons: fall fashion (i.e. layering), scarves, knit beanies, fall scents, pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks and Halloween, which opens up a completely separate list of why I love fall.
Aside from my tangent on fall, which I might do a “Fall Must-Haves” sometime during the season because I am overwhelmed with excitement; let’s get to my August favorites!
Face Product: Revlon Photoready BB Cream
- I have repurchased this BB Cream for the third time now, and I can honestly say that I fall in love with it every time that I use it. Like, I want to marry this product; Is that weird? It is by far my all-time favorite bb cream. I prefer to use it over foundation because it is light-weight on my skin, and it helps to perfect my skin altogether, so it covers imperfections and helps to diminish them, too. If you are looking for a new skin product to try, I definitely recommend giving this a try!
Lip Product #1: EOS lip balm in Tangerine
- Over the summer, I have been searching high and low for every flavor of the EOS lip balms. It became a mission. Needless to say, I am addicted to them and in desperate need of rehabilitation. However, I stumbled across the Tangerine flavor at Wal-Mart, freaked out in excitement, and bought it. So, that brings me to having eight different flavors, which I know is a lot. But, they’re fantastic and at this point I am creating excuses to make myself feel better, so just play along(; Anyway, I love how moisturizing they feel on my lips, especially during the transitioning period into fall; my lips aren’t digging the weather change, so I need to take care of those chapped lips: asap.
Lip Product #2: Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Lovesick
- I know that I am incredibly late to the bandwagon with this one, but I recently purchased the Revlon lip stains and immediately fell in love with them. I love how bright the color of Lovesick is, and it works well for the summer or fall. So, I am happy that I can use it for multiple seasons out of the year. I also love that you can apply it lightly to your lips for a hint of color, or build it up for a bold, dramatic look.
Accessory: Sparrow Earrings from Pac Sun
- I purchased these earrings last year, but I recently found them sitting in my jewelry holder and fell in love with them all over again. I knew that I had to bring them back to school with me, and I have been wearing them nonstop since I found them last month. I cannot wait to wear them during fall; they will definitely be my go-to accessory for this season.
Hair Product #1: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment
- I have heard a thousand positive remarks and read a million positive reviews about this oil treatment for your hair. And, I must admit, that I am definitely addicted to the Moroccan oil as a part of my morning routine. I love how soft and sleek it keeps my hair throughout the day; even if it’s humid outside. I have difficult, frizzy, Italian hair, so having an oil treatment that can tame my hair gets an A+ in my book.
Hair Product #2: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector
- I was using the same heat-protecting spray for a very long time, and decided that I needed a change from my hair-care routine. So, I picked up the flat iron perfector, and instantly fell in love with it. I love that it doesn’t have a hard smell to it, like some other heat-protecting sprays do. And, it doesn’t make my hair feel greasy throughout the day after I straighten it, which I found to be a problem with my old spray. So, if you’re looking for a new product to try, I strongly recommend this one!
Scent #1:Bath & Body Works Citrus Orchid Chill
- So, we all know that I have a terrible addiction to Bath & Body Works, but what girl doesn’t? I mean, if you can’t fall in love with their body products or candles, then you aren’t human: simple fact. Before school, I purchased a few different sprays for back-to-school shopping, and ended up using them all throughout the month of August because I was so excited to start using them. This mist is the perfect combination of an airy, sweet smell with a touch of floral added in, which makes the scent less overwhelming. I have received multiple comments about the smell, which shows that other people like it, too. So, if you’re looking for a new scent that has a good balance of floral and fruity; I would pick this mist up!
Scent #2: Bath & Body Works Sweet Peony Dream
- My second favorite scent that I have been switching on-and-off with the first scent is this second mist: Sweet Peony Dream. This mist is more for the person who loves sweet-scented candy. If you combine cotton-candy and a tiny dose of peony extract; that would perfectly describe this scent. Again, since it’s a mist it’s light-weight and airy; so it’s not too overwhelming. But, it still lasts a good amount of time before you need to apply it again. I run through mists quickly, but I am the exception to the rule because I tend to over-spray myself in the morning. I mean, I like to smell good though, ya know?
Random: Lipton Green Tea
- My random favorite is not a candle because unfortunately, I cannot have candles burning in my dorm, which makes me incredibly sad because I burn a candle in my room everyday. So, my random favorite of the month is Green Tea. As much as I love coffee, sometimes I need to switch it up with something different. So, when I want to relax and unwind at the end of the day, I’ll have tea and watch Gossip Girl on Netflix; it’s the perfect combination.
I hope you all enjoyed seeing what my monthly favorites were, and I would love to know what you have been loving this month, too. Make sure to leave a comment if you have any suggestions of different products to purchase. I’m willing to try anything new! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and, as always, I will talk to you all soon. Bye!