Hello, everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic week. Today I wanted to share a new DIY creation for a strawberry face mask. As you all know, I am obsessed with natural products to help with skin problems such as acne, redness, etc, so, I thought this would be the perfect mask to make for anyone who has been struggling with breakouts. The natural ingredients will help with acne because of the benefits on the strawberries, honey, yogurt and oatmeal.
The recipe is very simple and each ingredient has a significant purpose. You might have these items laying around your kitchen already, so you won’t have to spend any money at all. However, if you need one or two items, it’s still cheap to make.
What You’ll Need:
- Quaker Oat: Oatmeal is a natural healer and helps exfoliate to cure dryness.
- Honey: Honey locks moisture into the skin and is full of rich antioxidants. It’s also good for acne-prone skin because it helps to absorb impurities.
- Plain yogurt: Yogurt hydrates and soothes the skin
- Blender: This is not beneficial to the skin in any way, but you need it to make the mask, so yeah.
- 3 Strawberries: Strawberries are high in Vitamin C, which brightens the complexion. And, they’re a natural source of Alpha Hydroxy Acid, which is beneficial for acne-prone skin.
- Blend 1/4 cup of oats until it is powder-consistency and pour into a bowl. Add three tablespoons of organic yogurt and two tablespoons of honey and mix together.
- Blend the strawberries and mince. Add into the mix (including the juice) and stir well.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes so that the oats are activated in the mixture. Apply to clean skin. Keep on for 10-20 minutes and then rinse off.
I hope you all enjoyed today’s post on a simple and inexpensive DIY face mask that will work perfectly if you have acne-prone skin. If you would like to see more posts on skincare, let me know and I’ll start making more face masks on the weekends.
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and as always, I will talk to you all soon. Bye!