Today, I wanted to write a post about how to have an “at home” pampering evening. After a long week, it’s nice to take time to treat yourself to rest and relaxation. I’m going to share some of my favorite “at home” ideas.
Set the Mood:
- Dim the lighting in your bedroom or bathroom and light candles. Pour a glass of wine or warm up a hot cup of tea and wear a fuzzy robe. Play relaxing music as you soak in the tube. Even place cucumbers on your eyes. If it will help you relax and unwind, do it.
Bring out the Heavy-Duty Products:
- Yes, any product that will assist in your DIY manicure and pedicure is suggested. Dig out the sugar scrubs, cuticle oil, hair and face masks and skin oils for a full-on pamper evening. Pamper evenings don’t happen often, so make sure you enjoy yourself.
Put Away Technology:
- Shut off your phone, laptop and television and keep them off for the evening. You’ll be surprised how wonderful it is not to answer calls and emails every seven minutes. You will thank me, I promise.
Treat Yourself to a Home-Cooked Meal
- Find a healthy recipe and treat yourself to a fabulous home-cooked dinner. Sometimes it’s nice to eat something you made and tastes delicious. Opt for a vegetable stir-fry or grilled salmon; the healthier, the better. You’ll feel great preparing yourself after a special meal. You’ll start the evening full and happy.
Meditate, Practice Yoga, or Read a Book:
- Find an activity that you love and stick with that activity for the evening. Read a book while soaking in a warm bath, or meditate silently after you complete your pampering. Practicing yoga works great too if you’re looking for a calming workout to ease your mind.
With these ideas, you’ll have a wonderful pampering evening. Now, go mark a date in your calender for a night devoted to you because you deserve it. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and as always, I will talk to you all soon. Bye!