Hello there everyone and happy Tuesday! We have finally reached the last day of 2013 and tomorrow will begin a whole new chapter. So, it only felt appropriate that I wrote about my goals for the new year. And, I would love to read what some of your goals are for the new year, so make sure to leave a comment below telling me what you hope to work on.
Here are SOME (not all) of the things I hope to work on in 2014. I do have a separate list of goals that are a little more specific, however I felt it wasn’t worth sharing over the internet. So I decided to share the goals that are not related specifically to my personal life.
1. More College Memories
- I love my university but I find that I focus a lot on studying, working at my internship, and dedicating time to volunteering and extra curricular activities. I have friends in different groups, which is nice to have diversity, but I want have more spontaneous adventures with them and stay up late at night doing something I’ll never forget. Hopefully, I’ll have more interesting stories to tell when I come back from school in May.
2. Stop Swearing
- Unless you know me personally, you would have no idea how horrible my mouth is. I realize it’s a problem and I intend to work on that this year. I’m not saying that I won’t slip a curse work here or there, but I need to cut back on the amount I swear. It’s very bad.
3. Healthy Living
- In 2013 I worked a lot on me, which can be viewed negatively, but I think otherwise. It’s great to work on yourself because improvement is always a good thing. I focused on having a optimistic outlook and getting rid of negative people in my life. It was one of the best goals I achieved this year. In addition to continuing that positive outlook, I want to focus more on my diet and fitness. I am not looking to lose weight. I want to eat clean (less processed foods, more fruits and vegetables) and have a consistent fitness plan throughout the year.
4. Improve My Blog
- I started this blog as a hobby because I love writing and I enjoy reading other blogs. I want to take my blog to the next level and improve my writing, take more photos and have a larger audience. I know many of you out there have successfully done this, so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to give harsh criticism and ideas. I would appreciate it and love to know what I can do to make my blog more enjoyable for you guys.
5. Gain Experience
- I love learning and everyday I learn something new at my job, school, internship, or from stranger. And, I love that. I wouldn’t have it any other way. In 2014, I hope to gain more knowledge in my major, minor and in life in general. I am studying abroad in Italy for five weeks, so I hope to gain experience while I’m away. But, I also want to gain experience right here in Buffalo. All it takes is a little time and motivation, but I plan to learn a lot and I know I’ll love the process.
I hope you all enjoyed reading about some of my goals for the coming year and I would love to read yours, too! How many goals did you accomplish during 2013? I hope you all have a fun and safe New Year’s Eve with your friends and family and as always, I will talk to you all soon!