Hello everyone and happy Thursday!
I’m stepping away from my normal schedule, however I feel it’s necessary because I was notified that today is my one year anniversary with my blog, Blissfully Brunette.
Many bloggers I follow and admire on WordPress are veteran writers with knowledge and experience I hope to gain in the future. But, I am shocked because it feels like it was only a few short months ago I began this blog to share my ideas on beauty, fashion and fitness. Now, one year later, I’m blogging more and I feel that I’ve learned a lot over the past year.
I know it’s difficult to be recognized in a sea of other well-known, established bloggers, and that’s something I’m working on too. Even though I don’t have the fame of other bloggers, I want to share some advice with people who are new to blogging in hopes to ease their mind of the blogging community.
Tweet me @BlissBrunette or comment below telling me your favorite piece of advice for new bloggers!
1. Always be yourself: Don’t go out of your way to pretend to be someone you aren’t. I appreciate bloggers who always stay true to themselves a go out of their way to express that in their blogs. Honesty is the best policy, always.
2. Have good intentions: I began my blog because I am passionate about writing and what I write about. I watch YouTube videos, read magazines and other blogs to learn more about my passion. Some people use a blog or YouTube account to make money or become famous. Don’t be one of those people. Be passionate and have good intentions.
3. Use social media: For a long time, I was afraid to tell friends or family about my blog because I was nervous of what they would think. Using social media was a huge step for me to share my posts and connect with other bloggers. Share your content on Twitter or Instagram and be proud of your blog!
4. Read other blogs daily: The more you read and write, the more you will improve. Reading other blogs and articles can only benefit you. Set aside 30 minutes each night to read like you would for school. I promise, you’ll notice a significant change in your writing.
5. Set a schedule: This is mostly for your sanity, however, it’s appealing to know when blogs post each week so you’re more likely to check in with their content. It took me awhile to master the idea of a schedule, but I’m working on it.
For new bloggers in the world of WordPress, Bloglovin’ and Blogger, take a deep breath and write. Keep things simple and don’t forget to read and write.
I hope you all enjoyed today’s post. My normal schedule will resume on Monday and enjoy the rest of your day!