We all have those beauty secrets we keep hidden in our beauty arsenal whenever necessary. Today, I want to share some of my favorite beauty secrets with you. Make sure to leave a comment or tweet me what your favorite beauty techniques are.
1. Shave with conditioner: Conditioner is used to make your hair softer. Lather your legs with conditioner instead of soap because it softens leg hair making it easier to shave, and it will leave your skin feeling extra silky. It might be cheaper to use your conditioner for a dual-purpose instead buying extra products.
2. Exfoliate twice a week: Exfoliate everything while paying close attention to dry areas on your body such as elbows, knees, heels, etc. Don’t forget other areas like your face and lips! Exfoliating once a week isn’t enough to remove dead skin cells so opt for twice a week for smooth, silky skin.
3. Re-purpose your products: Like swapping shaving cream for conditioner, or another favorite of mine is to re-purpose your makeup. I use this trick all the time to get the most use out of my products. I’ll use a light lipstick on my lips and cheeks as a matching blush. You can easily do this with other products to help save money!
4. Make dry shampoo your mantra: It’s clear in the beauty world that washing your hair daily is an absolute no no. How do you beat greasy hair? Dry shampoo works perfectly to remove oils in your hair for up to two days after your last hair wash. You can also use it to create more volume when you’re styling your hair. Don’t have dry shampoo handy? Try using a little baby powder instead for the same effect.
5. DIY when possible: It’s fun to create your own face, hair and skin products. Doing this can help your beauty regimen because you’re using all-natural ingredients that fight whatever problem you have. Creating an acne-fighting face mask will target the specific problem without the use of hard chemicals. Experiment and create your own products.
Don’t forget to tell me what your favorite beauty secrets are! Enjoy the rest of your day and I will talk to you on Wednesday!