I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who loathe running. Trust me, it’s not my favorite activity to do either. I just recently began running again to be more active and healthy. I decided to do more reading on the benefits of running, and some tips on how to make it more enjoyable.
1. Better Mood: Running, or any other type of cardio, releases endorphins, which are hormones that put you in a great mood. You’ll instantly feel happier after a workout, which is why working out or running can become so addictive.
2. Control over your life: This happiness and better mood will naturally create more confidence in your life. If you keep up with running on a regular basis, you’ll find that you can take on the day easily without struggle. You’ll have control.
3. Strong immune system: Running builds up your immune system, which means less tissues and medicine you need to buy throughout flu season. You’re body is building up its strength by running regularly, so you’ll have better overall health.
1. Bring a Buddy: I always find that it’s easier to stick with a workout or activity if you have a friend to join you. That way, you’re both accountable for each other. Make a goal with your friends to run three days a week for the month. Once you meet your goal, increase your goals consistently.
2. Treat yourself: Once you reach a weekly or monthly goal, treat yourself to a new outfit or dessert. You deserve to spoil yourself. Whether you want to go all-out for an expensive meal, or buy yourself a dress.
3. Mix-up your scenery: You don’t need to run a mile everyday on the treadmill. The purpose of running is to feel good about your activity, not be bored from it. Run a mile at the gym one day, then run on a local trail another day. Changing your scenery will keep running fun and exciting.
If you’re an active runner, what are your tips that you can add for other bloggers? Leave a comment below or tweet me @BlissBrunette. I hope you all enjoy your weekend and I will talk to you on Monday.