I’m excited to announce I’ve been nominated for the Liebster blog award. Thank you Ruya from Sweet, Short & Sylish for the nomination. This award is given out to bloggers in order to learn more about them and to be able to connect with other bloggers.
Rules for winning the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
2. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award
3. Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you
4. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself
5. Give 11 questions for those you nominated
Here are my nominees:
1. Figuring out my ever after
4. It’s Sara no “H”
5. Bibbidid Bobbidi Booze
6. The Girl Who Does Everything
7. Megan Has OCD
8. Deborah Says Beauty
9. Her Style Media
10. Positivity in Life
11. The Luxe Lion
Here are my answers to Ruya’s questions:
1. How has blogging impacted your life? I have connected with so many bloggers from the U.S., U.K. and other countries, so I have made new relationships with people I may not have met otherwise. It has also given me a creative outlet for beauty, fashion and health.
2. Who are your favorite bloggers? I don’t have a favorite blogger, but there are bloggers I look up to.
3. What is your major in college and why? My M.A. is in Integrated Marketing Communications and my B.A. is in Journalism and Mass Communication and Spanish. I have always been passionate about writing, public relations, photography and other right-brain orientated subjects. I chose these majors because I’ve loved them for a long time.
4. What are ways that you promote your blog? Twitter: @BlissBrunette, Facebook Page: Blissfully Brunette, Google+: Kiara Catanzaro
5. Who’s your celebrity crush? I don’t have a celebrity crush mainly because I’m far too attracted to my real crush (my boyfriend).
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would it be? Spain.
7. What’s your go-to outfit? A comfy sweater with jeans, riding boots and a scarf.
8. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced in blogging? Learning how to promote my blog effectively, and learning how to make money from blogging, advertisements, etc.
9. If you could have the perfect life, what would it be like? I would be living in a city working for a PR company, hopefully working as a PR manager. In my free time, I would write posts for my blog and make YouTube videos. I would definitely own a golden retriever (or two) and live with my boyfriend.
10. What would you like to accomplish this year for your blog? I have a few goals: switch to a self-hosted site on wordpress.com, connect with more bloggers from New York, and learn more about advertisements and being paid to blog.
11. How do you stay motivated to blog? 2014 was a year of milestones for my blog with views, likes and comments. I also created a Twitter account and Facebook page for Blissfully Brunette as well. With these accomplishments came more motivation to write, connect and learn.
11 random facts about me:
1. If I could eat soup everyday for the rest of my life, I would.
2. The number one goal I have in life is to help other people.
3. I am Italian (if you couldn’t tell by my name), and I am in love with the Italian culture.
4. If I could meet one celebrity, I would want to meet Lauren Conrad.
5. I love pickles so much that I drink the juice from the jar when the pickles are gone…And the judging begins, now.
6. When I was in first grade I thought people were allowed to choose their heritage, so I said I was Chinese because I loved Chinese food.
7. I broke my nose by running into a mental birdbath while playing hide-and-go-seek in the dark when I was eight years old. I still have the scar on my nose, and the birdbath is still in my neighbor’s yard across the street from my house.
8. I am constantly thinking about the future. I suppose you can consider me to be an anxious person.
9. I love being outside. I love walking, going to the beach, running on trails, jet-skiing, kayaking. If it’s an outdoor activity, I am all for it.
10. I have an unhealthy obsession with the rain. Whenever there is a thunderstorm, I sit on my back steps and listen to the storm until it passes.
11. I want to travel the world and experience all the beauty that exists on earth.
My questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you begin blogging?
2. Do you watch YouTubers? If yes, which ones do you watch?
3. What is your dream job?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. What is your favorite quote to live by?
6. What is you favorite way to promote your blog?
7. Who are your role models? (Can be bloggers you look up to or other people)
8. Would you choose to blog for a living?
9. What was you favorite blog-related experience from 2014?
10. What goals do you have for your blog for 2015?
11. Where do you buy your clothes from?